This book is a practical guide to the use of modern radiation therapy techniques in women with gynecological cancers. Step-by-step instruction is provided on simulation, contouring, and treatment planning and delivery for cancers of the cervix, endometrium, vagina, and vulva. Beyond external beam radiation delivery, full details are presented on three-dimensional brachytherapy at all sites for which it is applicable. Moreover, in-depth guidance is offered on the various advanced techniques of radiation delivery, including intensity-modulated radiation therapy, image guidance for external beam and brachytherapy, and stereotactic body radiotherapy.
Radiation therapy is a critical component of the multidisciplinary management of gynecological tumors. With modern technology, both external beam radiation and brachytherapy can be delivered in a highly conformal way. This requires precise contouring and accurate planning techniques. In clearly describing the indications for and the delivery of quality radiation therapy for gynecological tumors, this book will benefit radiation oncologists, medical physicists, medical dosimetrists, radiation therapists, and radiotherapy residents.
1. Patient Immobilization, Simulation and Imaging Methods-
2. Anatomy and Target delineation – definitive and postop adjuvant
3. Three-Dimensional Planning Techniques- Pelvic and extended field
4. Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy and Volumetric Modulated Arc Therapy - Pelvic and extended field
5. Image Guidance for treatment of gynecological cancers
6. Intracavitary brachytherapy-Definitive, preoperative and adjuvant
7. Interstitial brachytherapy-Definitive and adjuvant
8. SBRT and other newer miscellaneous treatment delivery techniques
Εγγραφή στα newsletter